1) The new curriculum.
Discussed the fact there will be a new curriculum and that one of the most important things for staff is that children are engaged in their learning.
Discussed why being engaged helped us to learn
Miss Phelan showed the council an archived School Development Plan and discussed what it is for – to improve the school.
Discussed current topics the children enjoyed in the curriculum
Discussed topics the children feel they do not enjoy as much
Children gave examples of what they would want to learn about in the future.
- Councillors will speak to their classes about their ideas and opinions on the curriculum.
- Miss Phelan will send a sheet in the registers to be filled in.
- Ideas to be bought to meeting next week.
2) PE Kits
The girls in upper KS2 have mentioned that they are not keen on the PE shorts from the Games uniform.
- Year 5/6 female Councillors to look through PE kit ctaalogues to see if there are any alternatives to approach Miss Peters and Mrs Coney with.
3) Photos for School Council Display
We cut out our photos and stuck them to cartoon heads to be dislpayed on the board
4) Feedback from class discussions
KS2 – More benches in the playground
Climb around rota – Miss Phelan to speak to staff at next staff meeting.
Can Mr Herbert fix the pipe for the water feature in the quiet area – Miss Phelan to discuss
Year5/6 would like a talent show
Next Whole Council Meeting 21.11.2013 – 1.30pm Rainbow Room